Add Reply
New Poll

Omer "Obie" Ostrov
Omer "Obie" Ostrov
 Posted: Jan 1 2016, 12:11 AM
Mods
by: Brock
A pristine power raced over him, sheathing his body in ancient and sacred illumination. The primordial force strengthened his spirit, leaving him exalted and resolute, and willing to die for the magic that empowered the runes.

Omer "Obie" Ostrov

Basics

Character

Omer "Obie" Ostrov
Character Age

Fifteen
Immortal
Book

Barbarian
Book #1 in his series
Author

Lynne Ewing
Here Since

Group

Fantoms
Face Claim

Maarten Convens
Player

Played by Brock in GMT -5.

Biography

Obie was born Omer Ostrov, though no one outside of a handful of people would ever know that. His past isn't a topic he brings up with anyone except his two closest friends - Kyle, and Berto - Renegades like himself. Though Kyle is right at home in modern-day Los Angeles, Berto and Obie are impossibly far from home, both in distance and time.

It's been three months, and the only thing that gives Obie any comfort is his music. He is the lead guitarist in the little-known band Pagan, and since he joined, the band has gained quite the following. He brings a raw sound that no one but Kyle and Berto can understand. If Obie could tell them where his war-like screams and his inexplicably unique guitar parts came from, he would, but no one would believe him. Worse, their lives would be in far greater danger if they did believe him.

Obie is determined that his life in L.A. be only temporary, that he and Berto find ways to make it back home. He doesn't fit here, and he doesn't want to remain. He longs for his homeland, his family (if he can return in time to save them), and the love of his life.

Unfortunately, Obie, Kyle, and Berto are somehow part of the Four of Legend, which they learn about overtime. Hard to believe with the way they act and look. Kyle has no powers to speak of, Berto is a dream-walker, and Obie has very limited rune magic. They're not a very intimidating bunch, yet this is the path they're allegedly meant to follow? If only Obie had paid more attention to his mother's rune lessons as a child! Then perhaps he would feel up to filling the role destiny has assigned him.

---

With his novel on the shelves for a decade, Obie has taken every opportunity to learn more about runes and their destiny. From what he knows about the future of his series' plot, Obie wishes with all his soul that the abilities he has gained would alter the course of the stories, but he knows it will never happen - not without the outside world growing suspicious. How can one copy of the series say something entirely different than the thousands of other copies?

So Obie follows the plot as he must, reliving joy and heartbreak alike and stifling his actual runecasting abilities. His greatest joys now come from his music, time with the people he cares about, and any trips back into written memories as possible - sometimes even if they are painful ones.

Relationships

Friends

Kyle and Berto - the other Sons from his book; he knows the final son, Samuel, from later novels in his series.

Les, Dacey, and Nolo - the other members of their band Pagan.

Family

King Filimer (father), Lisha (mother), Shatri (aunt).

Romance

Was in love with a girl named Inna, but has confusing feelings for Allison, a girl at Turney High who is already taken.

Enemies

Ashley, Regulators, Followers, the Atrox.

Other

Master Hawkwick.

Other people are held at a distance; Obie can't reveal his powers or life story to them.

Searching for...

Kyle, Berto, and Samuel.

Lisha - from the prologue or the rest of the book.

Inna, for eternal forbidden impossible romance.

Allison, for conflicted romantic feelings.

Master Hawkwick, for emotional struggles.

Shatri, for conflict.

Audition

Since his book hit the shelves in the outside world's 2004, Obie's mastery of runes had skyrocketed. Though he wasn't allowed to use his new knowledge inside his novels, Obie practiced them every day both inside and outside of covers. More than anything, he cherished the ability to visit with his mother Lisha - and not only to learn from her. In his series, he couldn't see her except in his memories.

Today they sat far out in the library away from other books. Lisha had brought a few items with her, including her casting stones. She would teach him a new incantation today, but she hadn't told him which one yet.

As always, she reviewed the meaning behind the words and the runes comprising the words, and she cautioned him for the thousandth time not to utter the them carelessly. One by one she whispered the words in his ear, as if saying them any louder would unleash a magic stronger than her son could ever comprehend.

"Now you repeat," she instructed. Obie leaned in and whispered the words back to her. Even at that volume, he felt a power hang in the air around him.

His mother smiled and nodded. "Focus your attention over there, towards that plant." She indicated a potted plant the size of a small mountain to them. To demonstrate the incantation's ability, she spoke the words, and the scent of burning rose petals filled the air. It had to be Obie's favorite smell in the entire world.

A thin surface fracture no more than five inches high ran upwards from the bottom of the cast-stone planter. It wouldn't mean much to the humans of the outside world, but to Obie and his mother, the strength of the incantation couldn't be plainer.

"Your turn," she instructed.

PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Feb 1 2016, 06:07 AM
Creature
by: Luna
The hungrier one is, the more satisfying one's dinner.

Sebastian & Obie

It sounds interesting. I can see things going cray-cray if Obie ends up finding something weird in a rune reading. I don't think Sebastian would be too worried, though. Unless Obie proves to be a threat, he won't try to murder Obie repeatedly with silverware.
PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Feb 2 2016, 05:23 AM
Creature

Sebastian & Obie

I don't think Sebastian would be worried if Obie found something and ended becoming wary of him. The only thing I could think of that would prompt Obie to do something would be Sebastian either killing or devouring the soul of someone that Obie knows.
PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Feb 3 2016, 05:11 AM
Creature

Sebastian & Obie

Sebastian would probably put up a bit of a fight. He's got a number of demonic abilities at his disposal and he doesn't like it when people mess with his dinner.
PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Feb 4 2016, 04:41 AM
Creature

Sebastian & Obie

True, although it doesn't have to involve a fight. Sebastian's not what you'd call social. He usually spends much of his time in the Sketches territory unless Ciel orders him to go elsewhere.
PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Feb 5 2016, 05:28 AM
Creature

Sebastian & Obie

Either one of those sounds good. For some reason, I now have a mental image of Sebastian singing "No More Mr. Nice Guy" from The Swan Princess. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Feb 6 2016, 05:18 AM
Creature

Sebastian & Obie

I could start it, although I'm rubbish at starting threads. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Apr 26 2016, 05:01 AM
Creature

Sebastian & Obie

Sure, they've had some interesting moments so far. I'm fine with either as both options sound interesting.
PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Apr 27 2016, 05:58 AM
Creature

Sebastian & Obie

Yeah, sounds like a plan. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Apr 28 2016, 07:50 AM
Creature

Sebastian & Obie

You can start, if you want. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Apr 30 2016, 05:56 AM
Creature

Sebastian & Obie

Ok, there's no rush. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
Eponine Thenardier
 Posted: Aug 27 2016, 07:43 AM
N/A
by: Ivy
I'm not the daughter of a dog, since I'm the daughter of a wolf. There are six of you, what matters that to me? You are men. Well, I'm a woman. You don't frighten me.

Eponine & Obie

Eponine probably wouldn't mind that he wasn't too great at french, since she is around actual french people who are bad at french most of the time. They would probably get on if he was nice to her, since thats all she really wants, but she will turn nasty if something sour happens between them
PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 05:09 AM
Creature

Sebastian & Obie

Well, I wouldn't want to deprive you/Obie of your "buddy". xD That's a possibility, even though Sebby doesn't remember everyone he meets. Yeah, Sebastian doesn't trust easily either and he's very cagey about his identity. If Obie does do a rune reading, something weird will probably come up.
PM
^
Sebastian Michaelis
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 05:53 AM
Creature

Sebastian & Obie

Sounds interesting. I could start it, but it would take forever as I suck at starting threads xD
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites, Listings, & Non-RPs

RPG-D
Shadowplay
RPG Initiative Distant Fantasies
Anthology
Scrolling Sites