Closed
New Poll

Multiples of Character vs. One Only, Guest question answered
Brock
 Posted: Jun 29 2016, 11:48 AM
Trads
by: Brock
You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.

QUOTE (Guest Question)
Would I bring Dr.Watson in from a specific story/novel or collection? Could I say, for instance "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes," just to simplify things?  I saw your comment on Harry Potter and that is why I'm asking! I just do not see it fitting to have 56 Watsons walking around.

Answer: Hi, guest. I understand your point, but yes, you'll have to pick a story. (Or, something that might help you out, is picking a collection of stories, so he has multiple ones to draw from.)

The characters essentially re-enact the story each time it's read. And if, for example, Harry Potter 1 is checked out by Tom and Harry Potter 5 is checked out by Jill, then Harry Potter cannot be in both places at once. Each story is like its own little world, and that includes books in a series.

That said, Harry Potter from Book 1 can have visited all the other books and know what happens. But he doesn't have to have visited any of them. That's up to you to decide. And characters from later in the series will necessarily know what happened in the earlier books because it's written into their memory by the author.
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites, Listings, & Non-RPs

RPG-D
Shadowplay
RPG Initiative Distant Fantasies
Anthology
Scrolling Sites