Add Reply
New Poll

Newsletter: August 2017
Brock
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 11:30 AM
Trads
by: Brock
You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.

August
newsletter
This month's newsletter is a little late in coming out. Sorry! I've been swamped with work, babysitting, and my to-do list becaaauuse...
brock is moving!
Please note: Shelf Space will NOT close while I'm traveling. Current members are encouraged to continue with threads as usual. I WILL be back!

That's right. I'm moving! If you don't already know, I used to teach English in Japan. For about two years, I have been home, helping my family, working part-time, and figuring out where I want to go next. Turns out, it's Hungary! So I will be moving there later this month, after a three-day stop in Iceland and a week of orientation in Budapest with the program I am teaching through. I fly out on August 19th, EST.

As you might expect, I'm busy taking care of the final big items on my to-do list, including exchanging money, getting my laptop hinge fixed (hopefully), and asking my phone provider about using my phone abroad. I also have to sort through my clothes, try and pack as much as I can into very few bags, and make sure everything is in order at home so I can leave and not go "Oh, shoot! I forgot!".

All this means that my posting for the next ten or so days will be scattered. I am still around. New members and guests, please read the next section for how this move will affect you. I promise I'll get back to all threads, questions, and comments whenever I'm next able to.

I'll be officially gone from August 19-September 1, give or take a few days on either end as I pack, travel, and as I learn my new routine. I may be able to check in here or there, but I'm not counting on it. Thanks for understanding, and I look forward to being back here full-time!

new members & guests!
An early welcome to those who join in August. Please note that I will be moving continents mid-month and will not be settled into my new home until the beginning of September. I cannot guarantee exactly how often I'll be able to log on during my travels nor how soon after I get to my apartment that I'll be able to connect to the internet and establish a normal posting routine again.

However, we are still open! So, in the meantime, please read over all the guides and FAQ pages. If there are any questions, you're welcome to PM me or leave questions in the Ask a Reference Worker forum. (Guests are only able to leave questions there.) I will get back to you as soon as possible. You are also more than welcome to go ahead and post your character applications. Please be patient with me as you wait for acceptance. I promise I will read them as soon as I can and get back to you.

banner!
Our newest books are up. Remember, you can message me with any book suggestions you have. Also, our list of past Banner Books is located in the Coffee Time forum (Bookshelves sub-forum).

Lately, it has been difficult for me to keep up with the daily prompts and quotes. I am considering making them weekly or monthly prompts/quotes instead. If anyone has any strong opinions on this, feel free to contact me about it.

mini-event!
This month and next month we will not be having mini-events because I am moving. Hopefully in October we can have the annual Halloween event.
seeking staff!
I am still seeing an advertising moderator. You can find out more about that in the "Seeking Staff" post in this forum. Contact me if you're interested, but please keep in mind that moving will likely keep me from responding for a while. Please be patient with me.
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites, Listings, & Non-RPs

RPG-D
Shadowplay
RPG Initiative Distant Fantasies
Anthology
Scrolling Sites